Ways to show your support
Share your Lake District story
Use the hashtag #lakedistrictbid when sharing your photos, messages and videos on Facebook, Twitter, Vine, Instagram, YouTube and other social media channels. These will be pulled through to the Your Story newsfeed and shared as part of the story to support the World Heritage bid. Your content will be moderated prior to going live on the feed.
This is an opportunity for you to share your story – whether you are visiting, living, working, farming or learning in the Lake District – we believe it is the blend of people and place that makes the Lake District worthy of World Heritage status.
Pass the message on
Ideas for businesses
- Create PR opportunities – how can you tap into the World Heritage story?
- Competitions – new opportunities to engage with your customers
- Link with community projects
- Tell your story - why does your business operate in the Lake District?
- Create a World Heritage themed product / food / service.
Ideas for schools and local groups
- School projects – discover how the Lake District was shaped from the ice age
- Art exhibitions – capture the essence of the Lake District
- Create a celebration of Lake District food and drink.
New experiences for visitors
- Discover a hidden treasure – a secret corner of the Lake District
- Try a new activity – climb that mountain, kayak that lake
- Visit a Lake District show or festival – Cumberland wrestling, Damson Day
- Learn how early conservation was born in the Lake District.
Share your stories through social media with #lakedistrictbid
Back the bid...
Don't forget to show your support and back the bid for World Heritage status by adding your vote: